Sunday, November 3, 2013

C4T #3

Daily Digital Discoveries
Write In Private: Free Online Diary And Personal Journal | Penzu

Penzu is an online diary and personal journal that is focused on privacy. With a unique and compelling user experience, it makes writing online as easy and intuitive as writing on a pad of paper.

tags: journal diary writing blog


Create Free Interactive Timelines – Stories Displayed on Maps | myHistro

“Watch and read thousands of fascinating timelines, or create your own. Complete with text, video and pictures to create a dynamic timeline mashup. Using myHistro, you can combine maps and timelines seamlessly into one great presentation, convert any public timeline into a personal pdf file, or export it into Google Earth format for offline storage. All completed timelines can be embedded into your blog and websites for maximum exposure.”

tags: timelines timeline history interactive socialstudies maps"


Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.

Above is the exact blog that I read from Dianne Krause who teaches technology. Mrs. Krause discussed two tools that she found beneficial. The first tool that she wrote about was a free online website where students could have their own private diary. Students would be allowed to write in this journal knowing that no one else would be able to read it. I thought this would be an excellent tool to use in my own classroom to provide my students the opportunity to express themselves. When commenting I asked Mrs. Krause if there was any way that I could read what the students were writing without their peers being able to read the material also. I want to be capable of reading the material to know whether not the students are following the instructions and writing as they are supposed to be writing when the time is allotted for students to do so. The second tool I look forward to using in my classroom. It is an online source for students to make timelines and create maps for history/social studies. I believe that this tool would be a vital resource in my classroom for students to be able to put together a timeline and it would be an engaging activity for the students. I also think that this is an innovative way for students to create a timeline or map and embed it into their presentation for use on a project. I am very excited about these two new tools which have been presented to me. I encourage all future students to add these resources into their future classroom folder if you have one. These tools could be wonderful resources no matter the grade level. Diane Krause's Blog

The second post that I read on Mrs. Krause's education blog was about keyboarding proficiency. I believe that keyboarding is a necessity for us as future teachers to incorporate into our classroom. I commented by adding that one of my goals as a future teacher is to prepare my students for the real world. While it is vital to teach material that fits the standards and is appropriate for the grade level, it is even more crucial to teach life-long applications students can grow upon and apply to their everyday life. I believe that typing effectively is a skill that could benefit a future career. This application is one I will incorporate in my classroom. Mrs. Krause provides many resources that can be used as well to promote effective keyboarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment