Sunday, November 3, 2013

C4K October

C4K OCTOBER
The first blog that I commented on and read was a student named Fisher. In this post, the students were asked to reflect on a story that they had all collaboratively read in class. Fisher did not follow the instructions that were given. Fisher wrote a bunch of letters for his post. I commented and told him to take advantage of the opportunity to be able to have a blog post, as I was not given the privilege in elementary. The teacher also intervened and Fisher got in trouble for not following instructions.

The second blog that I commented on was a 4th grade student named Sophia. Sophia wrote about her adventurous week in her classroom. I was impressed at the amount of technology her teacher is allowing them to use. The teacher is really taking advantage of the opportunities and resources that are available to them to make the classroom a more engaging learning environment. Sophia wrote about her class’s Twitter. She discussed also how they had a guess speaker come and talk to them. I was very excited to see a teacher inspired her student’s through technology. I could tell by Sophia’s post that she was very motivated to learn! Sophia's blog

Keis is a 6th grade student in England. I commented on his Google slide presentation that he had embedded in his blog. The presentation was on Farming. I thought that it was neat to see a student from England learning about the process of Farming and the hard work that it takes to cultivate crops. He even provided pictures to display all the different farming equipment involved. Since I live in Alabama where tractors, nurseries, and crops thrive, it was very intriguing. I was excited to see that he also had used Google slides to make the presentation. Keis's Blog

The last student’s blog was an eye opening experience on post modernism in the U.S. government. The student is a high school student who chose to write about how American citizens are more aware of what is occurring in celebrities lives, then what is occurring within our government. The student wrote about how many ordinary people were asked on the street simple questions that as American citizens, every individual should know and they were all answered incorrectly. The student wrote, “70% did not know that the U.S. constitution was the Supreme law of the land.” I commented with the following: “Hey! My name is also Victoria Williams. I am studying Elementary Education at the University of South Alabama. WOW! I am thrilled to read something that contains so much value to others. Writing is something I enjoy doing and writing something that matters is even more enjoyable! I am thoroughly impressed at the amount of knowledge you possess on postmodernism. I agree with everything that you have written. It is unfortunate that we have people upset about who is in office, yet the individuals that choose to make these remarks did not even vote! You are 100 percent correct, our society would much rather enjoy watching reality television shows then knowing what is occurring within our nation. Many could tell you Kim Kardashian’s little girl’s name, but I guarantee they couldn’t answer simple questions concerning our government. It is a shame that our society has conformed to these ways, but the reality is that it has become human nature. It is vital that we take a stand in the rights that we ALL have as American citizens. I count it an honor to have had the privilege of reading this post. Thank you for sharing and writing something of such importance. Keep up the hard work it always pays off!” Post Modernism Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment